Japanese luxury brand Lexus has announced prices for its updated 2021 IS sedan, available with two different engines and in rear-wheel drive or all-wheel-drive variants. The starting price for the basic IS 300 RWD rose $440 to $40,025 for 2021, up from $39,585 for the comparable 2020 model year (all prices include an unchanged destination fee of $1,025).
If you want an AWD model, it costs nothing to drop $10 for 2021 to $42,025 – even $2,000 more models than the RWD. Ke 350’s kek is sportier, the price goes up a bit: the 2021 IS 350 RWD is now at $43,925, up $720 over the 2020 model, while the AWD model sticker is now at $45,925, 555 more than the previous version.
F Sport Changes
Those price increases come with a caveat: All IS 350 sedans are now F Sports, simplifying the lineup and options, meaning that 19-inch wheels are now standard on the IS 350. The F Sport trim is no longer available on the IS 300. The interesting part is that this makes the 2021 IS 350 F Sport considerably less expensive than the 2020 equivalent — $2,475 less for the RWD model and $1,810 less for the AWD model.
Folding the F Sport variant into the IS 350 lineup has come with some changes to the F Sport content, but if you want to splurge a bit for the ultimate handling model, it’ll cost you $4,200 for the RWD model and $3,800 to add the AWD model’s F Sport Dynamic Handling Package. That’ll bring you some styling tweaks with carbon-fiber exterior trim, different wheels and Lexus’ adaptive suspension, among other things.
Options for the 2021 IS are generally limited and mostly arranged in packages. They include some luxury items like:
- The Comfort Package (IS 300 only) for $1,950
- Mark Levinson premium audio for $1,080
- The Navigation Package for $1,670
- A combined Levinson/Navigation package for $2,750
- A power moonroof for $1,100
Elevated safety offerings and fancy paint are available, as well, including:
- Intuitive Parking Assist with automatic emergency braking for $600, or combine that with rear pedestrian detection and an around-view monitor for $1,400
- Triple-beam LED headlights for $1,250
- Infrared or Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 paint for $595
- Ultra White, Eminent White Pearl, Iridium or Cloudburst Gray for $425
The 2021 Lexus IS sedan will appear in showrooms later in the fall across the country,